The following works cite Edo ratings.
- Tim Harding, Eminent Victorian Chess Players (McFarland, 2012) [link], pp.5,112,122,134,143-145,205,228,233,238,260,270,312,315-321,356,359,361,376,380
- The standards of chess history writing have improved greatly in recent decades. Tim Harding is one of the best of the current group of writers producing accurate chess history and biography. This book is chess history at its best - well-researched but also a really enjoyable read. Edo ratings are used quite extensively.
- Tim Harding, Joseph Henry Blackburne, A Chess Biography (McFarland, 2015) [link], pp.542,550
- Thorough, comprehensive, impeccably written, and deeply researched. Amongst the recent crop of new chess biographies, this is one of a handful that stand out above the rest. Some player and tournament information from the Edo website is discussed.
- Stephen Davies, Samuel Lipschütz, A Life in Chess (McFarland, 2015) [link], pp.1,28,336,352
- Another biography of a very high standard. Edo ratings are mentioned in several places.
- Hans Renette, H.E. Bird, a Chess Biography (McFarland, 2016) [link], p.573
- Another of McFarland's excellent series of historical chess biographies. The Edo ratings website is listed in the bibliography.
- Rémi Coulom, Whole History Rating: A Bayesian Rating System for Players of Time-Varying Strength (in: H. Jaap van den Herik, et al., eds., Computers and Games: 6th International Conference, CG 2008, Springer, 2008) [link, preprint], pp.113-124
- Coulom's Whole History Ratings are based on the same principle as the Edo ratings, and were invented independently (though Coulom acknowledges that his came slightly later).
- Pierre Dangauthier, et al., Trueskill Through Time: Revisiting the History of Chess (in: J.C. Platt, et al., eds., NIPS'07, Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems, Curran, 2007) [link, preprint], pp.337-344
- Dangauthier and colleagues developed Trueskill Through Time using Bayesian networks, along quite similar lines to Edo (or Whole History) Ratings.